[coreboot] Some updated instructions to flash coreboot to the Thinkpad X60 from vendor bios

Arthur Heymans arthur at aheymans.xyz
Mon Aug 14 22:01:27 CEST 2017

Peter Stuge <peter at stuge.se> writes:

> Arthur Heymans wrote:
>> https://gist.github.com/ArthurHeymans/c5ef494ada01af372735f237f6c6adbe
>
> I note these differences from what I wrote up in the wiki:
> (that may no longer be there though)

It's still there for the most part and were a good source of inspiration.

> * CONFIG_BUCTS_BOOTBLOCK is now a thing (great! very neat!)
> * updated flashrom patches
Those are probably still the same.
> * use flashrom image file to not touch last 64k (great idea!)
> * added nvramtool step

This step is probably good advice for every flash coming from a vendor
bios.

> Is that accurate? Nice improvements for sure. Thanks.
>

> //Peter

Yes that's about it. I also extended the bucts utility to support some
newer chipsets and report whether or not it can be set but that's not
really related to this.

Sadly those instructions did not lead to a successfully flashed thinkpad
for one user, so I'll investigate where the issue resides soon(ish).

Kind regards
--
Arthur Heymans