[coreboot] Lenovo X220t variants with SMD-Flash-ROMs

persmule persmule at gmail.com
Sat Aug 5 19:42:13 CEST 2017

Hi Philipp,

It is just a wson-8 flash rom, whose soldering plates are compatible
with those for soic-8 chips, often found on thinkpads produced when 8MiB
soic-8 chip are hardly available.

The common way to deal with wson-8 chips is to blow it off with hot air
blower, suck up its content, and finally replace it with a soic-8 chip.

There is an article mentioned wson-8 chips:
https://www.coreboot.org/Board:lenovo/t430s

Persmule

在 2017年08月06日 00:01, Philipp Stanner 写道: