[coreboot] EHCI debug that supports both Linux and Windows as a host PC

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Fri Aug 4 15:51:27 CEST 2017

Andrey Korolyov wrote:
> > What is the easiest and most stable way to do debug through EHCI USB port
> > instead of COM port? Is there any EHCI dongles on market that supports both
> > Linux and Windows as a host PC?
>
> I`ve never tried working with combination of the RPI and usb-ip to
> pass dwc2 port over cdc-ethernet connection, this is the only major
> difference between 'real' dongle and cheap board-based setup.

For kgdb and Pi I would suggest running gdbserver on the Pi.

Аладышев Константин wrote:
> Does a windows driver (for host PC where I want to see coreboot
> log) exist for this solution with BeagleBone?

To clarify a little - you don't need one. Your Windows PC connects to
the BeagleBone via LAN cable, and you read the coreboot log with
commands in an SSH session. You log in to the BeagleBone via SSH and
remote control it.

You can save log files on the BeagleBone, and then transfer them to
the Windows PC in a number of different ways. I like to use SFTP.

//Peter