[coreboot] EHCI debug that supports both Linux and Windows as a host PC

Andrey Korolyov andrey at xdel.ru
Fri Aug 4 14:58:05 CEST 2017

On Fri, Aug 4, 2017 at 3:14 PM, Аладышев Константин <aladyshev at nicevt.ru> wrote:
> What is the easiest and most stable way to do debug through EHCI USB port
> instead of COM port? Is there any EHCI dongles on market that supports both
> Linux and Windows as a host PC?

The answer varies depending on your exact needs. If you are targeting
only on coreboot log obtainment, the RaspberryPI/BeagleBone with dwc2
is probably cheapest cross-platform thing to use. For kgdb, this setup
*should* work, but this would add another level of complexity due to
gdbserver spatial localization :) I`ve never tried working with
combination of the RPI and usb-ip to pass dwc2 port over cdc-ethernet
connection, this is the only major difference between 'real' dongle
and cheap board-based setup.