[coreboot] Coreboot serial output on a pci-e card - how to do it?

Kyösti Mälkki kyosti.malkki at gmail.com
Fri Aug 4 06:04:10 CEST 2017

On Fri, Aug 4, 2017 at 2:19 AM, Taiidan at gmx.com <Taiidan at gmx.com> wrote:
> Hey guys, I am curious as to how to get coreboot serial output on a pci-e or
> expresscard intead of the onboard port.
>
> Is it possible?

Yes, this has been done with mPCIe. There is driver "Oxford OXPCIe952"
and the source has some hints of the marketing names you can find a
tested adapter with. You also need EARLY_PCI_BRIDGE=y in your coreboot
build to tell which PCIe root port this card is plugged into.

For ExpressCard some additional power management may come into play,
not demonstrated afaics.

Kyösti