[coreboot] coreboot community meeting minutes for April 27th, 2017

Martin Roth gaumless at gmail.com
Thu Apr 27 21:25:05 CEST 2017

These are the minutes from today's coreboot community meeting.
Information about the next meeting is at the bottom.

Thursday, April 27, 2017

General coreboot news & discussions
* 4.6 release delayed? - It will happen this weekend.
  - Is there anything that still needs to go in?
    - Maybe TPM workarounds if they're ready by the weekend.
  - How do we improve communication in case of delays?
    - There wasn't really any delay.  We always have a 2 week window
planned for the release - 4/15 - 4/30 and 10/15 - 10/31.  Maybe that
should have been communicated better, but always, we need better
documentation.  Next time Martin shouldn't be so optimistic about the
release dates.
  - Martin will document the release process so that this isn't
dependent on him, and so that there's better understanding in the
community of the process.
* Linux coreboot CBMEM console driver upstreamed:
https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/gregkht/char-misc.git/commit/?h=char-misc-next&id=d384d6f43d1ec3f1225ab0275fd592c5980bd830
  - Jwerner told us he not against renaming of the kernel config option
  - It woud be nice to further integrate that with systemd-analyze
* Conferences
  - Sign up.
* The TPM issue has been found
  - tcgbios impl of SeaBIOS is broken since 1.9.X
  - Further investigation needs to happen.
 * Issue/bug tracker discussion started:
https://mail.coreboot.org/pipermail/coreboot/2017-April/084069.html
  - Please participate
* How to get more active corporate developers to participate in the CCM?
  - Directly contact corporate developers.
  - Would a different time be better for corporate developers?
  - Note that we had people from Google, Facebook, Intel, and SecuNet
in the meeting.
* License for coreboot documentation:
  - We've selected CC-BY 4.0
  - We need to make sure things are licensed that way.
  - We should add a license file to the top of the coreboot
documentation tree and include it in the generated HTML.
  - GPL code in the documentation needs to be small enough that it's
covered by fair-use - a few lines copied in is fine, large chunks
would be better referenced as links.
  - When linking to files, please use archive.org -
https://web.archive.org/web/20080725184640/coreboot.org
* Philipp would like some help working on the website.
  - Ask for developers on the mailing list?

Infrastructure Issues & News
* Build servers were down over the weekend due to a router failure.
* Grumpybuilder will be brought back online shortly.

Next meeting is Thursday, May 11, 2017
Check the coreboot calendar for the time in your timezone
https://www.coreboot.org/calendar.html

Join using the bluejeans web app or the phone bridge:
    https://bluejeans.com/616384323

Phone bridge call in numbers:  https://www.bluejeans.com/numbers
    Meeting ID: 616384323

Current agenda & history: