[coreboot] Coreboot on the Supermicro H8SCM-F

Taiidan at gmx.com Taiidan at gmx.com
Wed Apr 26 20:43:51 CEST 2017

On 04/26/2017 06:00 AM, PeerCorps Trust Fund wrote:

> Greetings All,
>
> I recently came across the following listing concerning Coreboot on
> the Supermicro H8SCM-F.
>
> https://www.coreboot.org/Board:supermicro/h8scm
>
> You will note that the last update was in January of 2014. I also
> noticed a note in the page concerning "OS Booting - Proprietary BIOS".
> Is there anyone who can elaborate as to what this means?

I don't know, but there isn't any status update so it probably doesn't
work and that port uses AGESA so you won't get IOMMU.

I am working on porting the H8SCM and H8SCM-F (same thing really) to the
native code base, it is a nice affordable opteron board that you can get
used for $30.

Curious what is the use case for this? desktop or server?

I will test that port and get back to you.