[coreboot] RFC: Changing CBMEM console to run as a persistent ring-buffer

Julius Werner jwerner at chromium.org
Tue Apr 25 20:48:20 CEST 2017

> Did you check that all implementations use unsigned?

Yes, all the ones that I'm now aware of used unsigned, 32-bit.

> I am able to build it, I just had to figure out how and install some
>> dependencies. But I tried booting it on an HP Chromebook 14 2013 (falco)
>> and it doesn't seem to recognize my keyboard
>>
> Is it PS2 or USB? Is at_keyboard included in the payload?

It's a matrixed laptop keyboard. I believe the embedded controller does
8042 emulation, but I'm not sure honestly. I'm an ARM guy and this was the
one old x86 machine I have lying around. I can try USB if I get it to not
crash long enough to type something.

 even if it did, it probably wouldn't have a keyboard driver for them
>> either. I assume there's no way to make it run over the UART instead?)
>>
> terminal_input serial_com0
> terminal_output serial_com0
> In etc/grub.cfg

I don't think I have an etc/grub.cfg... is there a way to compile that in
instead?

> Possibly the problem is that some module hangs. Can you try minimal GRUB
> without non-essential modules?

How do I do that? Is there some configure flag?

For reference, I did:

./autogen.sh
./configure --with-platform=coreboot
make
make default_payload.elf
<cbfstool default_payload.elf into my coreboot image and flash it>