[coreboot] minnowmax expertise needed

ron minnich rminnich at gmail.com
Mon Apr 17 14:37:46 CEST 2017

On Mon, Apr 17, 2017 at 1:40 AM Zoran Stojsavljevic <
zoran.stojsavljevic at gmail.com> wrote:

> As my best understanding is, INTEL FSP is nothing else, but stripped
> to the bones BIOS, with ONLY PEI phase in the charge (NOT the entire
> PEI, Platform init is selectively implemented in FSP). We have there
> CPU init, PCH init, and, at the very end. Platform init.

is that what's in minnowmax? I am a bit unsure.

> Now, said that, I will ask the entire community the following questions:
> [1] What is the definition of Coreboot (in my naive vision, minimal/a
> must DXE + OS Boot Loader phase preparation - example: SeaBIOS
> payload)?

my question is not really about coreboot. I'm not using coreboot in this
case. I'm hoping to gain from the expertise of this list.

> [2] What does it mean in your interpretation: "single DXE"?

just that. I want a single DXE, which PEI starts, and the DXE never
returns. In this case it will be a linux kernel.

> [3] If you are talking about MinnowMax. I assume you are talking about
> ATOM BYT M/I skus, aren't you?

Is that what turbot is?

> [4] Why, in the first place, INTEL FSP experts are NOT answering your
> quest, since they (I guess) better understand what you are asking
> for???

I don't know.

> [5] What does it mean: "our own Tiano Core"? Does INTEL does NOT own
> Tiano Core? Or Coreboot (Google) created its own Tiano Core???

by 'our own tiano core' I simply mean a tiano core built from source.

ron