[coreboot] Trouble initializing gfx on X200(s)

Daniel Kulesz daniel.ina1 at googlemail.com
Mon Apr 17 02:11:52 CEST 2017

Hi folks,

using the latest coreboot master, I tried several combinations and various config options but I did not succeed to initialize gfx on a X200s so that typical graphical boots work such as:

- Ubuntu CD Installer Splashscreen
- Windows 7 Installer
- Windows 10 Installer
- ...

I tried with both native gfx init and the vga blob using various resolutions, fb options etc. but no success so far. :/ Of course, graphics initialization works fine in Linux.

One thing I noticed: When using the vga blob, Seabios gives only a blinking cursor while GRUB works fine. When loading Seabios as a payload from GRUB (was hard to get that done!), the blinking cursor issue does not occur. However, the above mentioned operating system installers still fail to boot

Any ideas? Or did someone ever get one of those graphical things booted on a X200 with Coreboot?

Cheers, Daniel