[coreboot] minnowmax expertise needed

ron minnich rminnich at gmail.com
Sat Apr 15 18:16:45 CEST 2017

Hi, I'm starting to look at the minnowmax firmware images. I have a rather
odd requirement. I'd like to scrape the image down to just PEI, nothing
more, and then have that PEI load a single DXE, which will then take over.

We've had success with this on a few other EFI sytsems, but the minnowmax
seems to be slightly special. We've done a small amount of work to
rearrange the firmware volume and quickly learned that you can't relocate
anything in the firmware volume ... they appear to have built it with
hardwired pointers to things like nvram variables (why bother with a flash
file system if you're going to do things like that ... oh well) ... so it
looks like at minimum we need to build/burn our own tiano core to start.

Anyway, if you have looked at the minnowmax, I'd like to hear from you.

Thanks!

ron