[coreboot] [RFH] Please test current code on your devices before coreboot 4.6 release

Paul Menzel paulepanter at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Apr 14 16:44:08 CEST 2017

Dear persmule,

Am Freitag, den 14.04.2017, 21:59 +0800 schrieb persmule:
> 在 2017年04月14日 07:48, Paul Menzel via coreboot 写道:
> > And if you notice a regression, please send a message to the list or
> > create an issue in the issue tracker [1].

Thank you for testing coreboot on the Lenovo X230.

> On a0729d9a56, if the first boot after flash is done on dock 433615W
> (http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/ThinkPad_Dock_Series_3#ThinkPad_Series_3_Docking_Stations_with_USB_3.0),
> it will highly possibly fail to light the screen when trying to resume
> from suspension.

Interesting. Please report that to the issue tracker. It’d be great if
you could get the Linux messages during resume with `drm.debug=0xe`.

> Besides, if usb 3.0 ports are used before suspension,
> the screen nearly always fails to resume after suspension.

I never heard of that. An issue with the corresponding logs would be
helpful too.

> The ME region has been cleansed and shrinked to minimal size with
> me_cleaner (0ac4b4bfd).
>
> My board status has been uploaded via commit 201b7eeb0 of its own
> repository.

Thank you!

> The tpm on my x230 seems fine.

Interesting. Linux 4.9.13 and 4.9.18 seem to be able to detect the TPM
on the Lenovo X230.

```
+[    5.155247] tpm_tis 00:06: 1.2 TPM (device-id 0x0, rev-id 78)
+[    5.259246] tpm tpm0: A TPM error (6) occurred attempting to read a pcr value
+[    5.259291] tpm tpm0: TPM is disabled/deactivated (0x6)
```

`device-id 0x0` looks strange though, and the Linux driver says it’s
deactivated.

I wouldn’t think that’s expected, but I am not sure about that.

Thanks,

Paul