[coreboot] KGPE-D16: Most severe hang failure sorted out + boot time measures

Daniel Kulesz daniel.ina1 at googlemail.com
Fri Apr 14 13:40:51 CEST 2017

On Thu, 13 Apr 2017 17:17:03 -0500
Timothy Pearson <tpearson at raptorengineering.com> wrote:

> > Unfortunately, I had the option already enabled when using the "config-unreliable" in my initial posting. So it looks like this setting is not effective in stopping the hangs.
> >
> > Cheers, Daniel
>
> After further external analysis once the KGPE-D16 was placed on our test
> stand for OpenBMC development, the intermittent hang resulting in hard
> system lockup (requiring a full standby power cycle) appears to be fixed
> in this patch series on Gerrit:
>
> https://review.coreboot.org/#/c/19280/
>
> Can you please test and confirm?
>
> Thanks!

Sure thing: I applied the patch on top of current coreboot-master and compiled the ROM using the "config-unreliable" from my initial posting.  Then I did a series of five warm reboots and watched the output on the serial console. Result: No more hangs! (Previously, it took like 20 attempts to get even one successful boot)

Great job, and many thanks!

Cheers, Daniel