[coreboot] How to disassembly the coreboot.rom file

Julius Werner jwerner at chromium.org
Thu Apr 13 23:50:00 CEST 2017

coreboot has multiple stages that run one after the other. If you don't
have UART output you can't be sure how far coreboot gets before it hangs,
so you'll want to check all of them and see which ones contain the
addresses you get from your JTAG. Disassemble
/build/cbfs/fallback/bootblock.debug, romstage.debug and ramstage.debug to
see which one applies. (These binaries get stripped and packed into
coreboot.rom by the build process, but it's easier to just disassemble them
from the /build directory than to try to pry them out of a finished image
again.)