[coreboot] INTEL VBT (Video BIOS Table)

Zoran Stojsavljevic zoran.stojsavljevic at gmail.com
Thu Apr 13 13:25:27 CEST 2017

As I see/experience, no complains/"shooting" me so far. Thus I removed
draft sign, and let Michiel Duvenkot know, so he can remove draft sign.

Once again, feel free to criticize, add, change, or comment on the content.
All You!

Please, also note, that I did gladly agree on Igor Skochinsky's
suggestions, and add section: https://en.wikipedia.
org/wiki/Draft:Coreboot/VBT#INTEL_GPU_Tools , as self contained/stand alone
Source Code, which does make for me the "decompiler" tool (no need to
install Debian/RHEL updates as INTEL GPU Tools .rpm packages). In other
words, somebody can enhance it to Igor's proposal:

*1) make a "decompiler" that would convert VBT from the option ROM into a
human/machinereadable text format (DONE)*

*2) make a "compiler" that would take that text format and create abinary
VBT from it (TO DO)3) put the binary VBT into the ACPI IGD OpRegion table
([1], [2]), orwherever the graphics driver can find it. (TO DO)*

Thank you,
Zoran
_______