[coreboot] VGA and Graphics

ron minnich rminnich at gmail.com
Tue Apr 4 19:46:12 CEST 2017

Igor, if you are going to say things like "AFAIK there is no public
description of these tables' layout and contents, only Intel knows how to
build and parse them.", it's really a good idea to back it up with a
primary source, especially since you also use phrases like "I assume" and
"I guess". I am pretty sure you're wrong in this case. The V in VBT, as I
understand it, means VESA, and VESA has been a standard for about 30 years.

Please, everyone, if you're going to move this conversation forward, you
need to cite primary sources at least, such as this one:
http://www.petesqbsite.com/sections/tutorials/tuts/vbe3.pdf.

thanks

ron