[coreboot] Coreboot wiki: what license is the content under?

Nico Huber nico.h at gmx.de
Sun Apr 2 22:25:21 CEST 2017

Hi Sam,

On 02.04.2017 20:05, Sam Kuper wrote:
> So, Creative Commons explicitly acknowledges that an adaptation of a
> CC BY-licensed work can indeed be licensed under CC0 (or, at least,
> that the adapter's contribution to the adaptation can be; which I note
> would be the entire adaptation, in cases such as translations or other
> comprehensive adaptations).

you did it again - writing thousands of words with plenty of quotes that
don't matter. But the one thing, the assumption you build everything
upon, you write into a note in parentheses. It's like building a sky-
scraper with a carport as foundation. Well, at least it makes it easy
for me to reply in a single paragraph: I can't spot anything about "the
adapter's contribution" in the license text. As the license doesn't de-
fine it, I can only assume that copyright applies. And copyright doesn't
magically jump over to a translator, AFAIK.

Nico