[coreboot] Coreboot wiki: what license is the content under?

Nico Huber nico.h at gmx.de
Sun Apr 2 01:28:36 CEST 2017

On 01.04.2017 17:19, Sam Kuper wrote:
> In the case of both CC BY and CC BY-SA, the rights granted to the
> *recipient of the licensed work* include the freedom to create
> adaptations and to distribute or publicly perform them, subject *only*
> to a small list of restrictions. CC BY has a shorter list of
> restrictions than CC BY-SA.

Perfectly summarized, yet you miss the point. It doesn't say anything
about granting to change the terms.

> As such, CC BY grants the creator of an adapted work the freedom to
> publicly performed or distribute that adapted work under a different
> license.

A license is about permission, not restriction. It can only restrict
permissions it granted. So again, this is only the case if the license
explicitly states permission to license the adapted work under different
terms. I see a pattern here: Every time you claim this, you don't quote.
Yet, you write thousands of words, have a quote on every other thing.
Just to hide that you have nothing to substantiate this claim.

I just have the bad feeling, that you may harm CC BY's reputation. Have
you ever asked somebody at CC if your interpretation is correct? If not,
please do so or consult an expert before you try to give other people
further advice.

Nico