[coreboot] Coreboot wiki: what license is the content under?

Nico Huber nico.h at gmx.de
Sat Apr 1 13:59:59 CEST 2017

On 01.04.2017 01:39, Sam Kuper wrote:
> On 31/03/2017, Nico Huber <nico.h at gmx.de> wrote:

>>> Yes, but because CC BY imposes no restrictions on *second*-derivative
>>> works,
>>
>> [...]
>> I'm not convinced. Relicensing adapted
>> work under different conditions would require the explicit permission
>> by the copyright holder.
>
> No, it wouldn't. That's what makes CC BY different from CC BY-SA.

So it changes copyright itself? We should stop this. IANAL, and I sup-
pose you aren't either.

I appreciate that you started this discussion. Having a license for our
documentation is really something we should have paid more attention to.
Discussing implications of particular licenses, however, is OT here. If
you really doubt the usefulness of CC BY, please take that to CC.

> (And I think you mean "licensing" rather than "relicensing", assuming
> we are both talking about the first time that the *adapted work* is
> licensed to the public.)

No, I meant relicensing. If you license adapted work you "relicense" the
parts which you don't have the copyright for.

>> And I can't find that permission in CC BY.
>
> See, especially, §1(a), §1(c), §1(h), §3(b), §3(d), and §4(b):
> https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/legalcode

Seriously, I ask for a single thing and you want me to search the answer
in six places?

Nico