[coreboot] Coreboot wiki: what license is the content under?

Sam Kuper sam.kuper at uclmail.net
Sat Apr 1 01:39:41 CEST 2017

On 31/03/2017, Nico Huber <nico.h at gmx.de> wrote:
> On 31.03.2017 23:38, Sam Kuper wrote:
>> On 31/03/2017, David Hendricks <david.hendricks at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Both CC-BY and CC-BY-SA have "no endorsement" clauses
>>
>> Yes, but because CC BY imposes no restrictions on *second*-derivative
>> works,
>
> [...]
> I'm not convinced. Relicensing adapted
> work under different conditions would require the explicit permission
> by the copyright holder.

No, it wouldn't. That's what makes CC BY different from CC BY-SA.

(And I think you mean "licensing" rather than "relicensing", assuming
we are both talking about the first time that the *adapted work* is
licensed to the public.)

> And I can't find that permission in CC BY.

See, especially, §1(a), §1(c), §1(h), §3(b), §3(d), and §4(b):
https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/legalcode

Regards.