[coreboot] weird problem with KGPE-D16

ron minnich rminnich at gmail.com
Wed Sep 14 01:43:08 CEST 2016

I've been trying to find a problem in linux that makes it not boot when
used as the payload in the KGPE-D16. The symptom is that I get no output at
all on serial when linux starts.

I finally got it down to 1 commit today in linux.

commit 974f221c84b05b1dc2f5ea50dc16d2a9d1e95eda
Author: Yinghai Lu <yinghai at kernel.org>
Date:   Thu Apr 28 17:09:04 2016 -0700

    x86/boot: Move compressed kernel to the end of the decompression buffer

If I build a linux kernel up to but not including this commit, all is well.
If I build with this commit, Linux is silent -- no serial output.

Anyway, I will be looking at this, but if you have solved it let me know.

thanks

ron