[coreboot] ISOLINUX gfx problems under qemu/coreboot/SeaBIOS

Philipp Stanner stanner at posteo.de
Tue Oct 25 08:20:12 CEST 2016

Sure: Do the following:

 1. qemu-img create test.img 10G
 2. qemu-system-x86_64 -enable-kvm -hda test.img -cdrom ubuntu.iso -boot
    d -m 512
 3. Install ubuntu on test.img

After installing, boot the new virtual machine with your self-build bios:

  * qemu-system-x86_64 -enable-kvm -hda test.img -m 512 -bios
    build/coreboot.rom

See how the machine starts successfully, using the 'broken' seabios.
Ubuntu boots successfully. Even starting my Windows7-machine nearly
works, but while "Windows is loading files" is written the virtual
screen / text becomes yellow and booting stops.

But Ubuntu can successfully be booted and used absolutely normaly with
cb+seabios - only installing seems impossible and the errors you
(Jonatahan) described, appear.

Greetings