[coreboot] southbridge/intel/i82801gx/i82801gx.h

Nico Huber nico.h at gmx.de
Sat Oct 15 15:12:51 CEST 2016

On 15.10.2016 14:57, Antonius Riko wrote:
> I did rm .config and did make again :
>
> bianchi at ubuntu:~/coreboot$ make clean
> bianchi at ubuntu:~/coreboot$ make
> #
> # configuration written to /home/bianchi/coreboot/.config
> #
>     HOSTCC     util/sconfig/lex.yy.o
>     HOSTCC     util/sconfig/sconfig.tab.o
>     HOSTCC     util/sconfig/main.o
>     HOSTCC     util/sconfig/sconfig (link)
>     SCONFIG    mainboard/intel/i946gz/devicetree.cb
>     HOSTCC     nvramtool/cli/nvramtool.o
>     HOSTCC     nvramtool/cli/opts.o
>     HOSTCC     nvramtool/cmos_lowlevel.o
>     HOSTCC     nvramtool/cmos_ops.o
>     HOSTCC     nvramtool/common.o
>     HOSTCC     nvramtool/compute_ip_checksum.o
>     HOSTCC     nvramtool/hexdump.o
>     HOSTCC     nvramtool/input_file.o
>     HOSTCC     nvramtool/layout.o
>     HOSTCC     nvramtool/accessors/layout-common.o
>     HOSTCC     nvramtool/accessors/layout-text.o
>     HOSTCC     nvramtool/accessors/layout-bin.o
>     HOSTCC     nvramtool/lbtable.o
>     HOSTCC     nvramtool/reg_expr.o
>     HOSTCC     nvramtool/cbfs.o
>     HOSTCC     nvramtool/accessors/cmos-mem.o
>     HOSTCC     nvramtool/nvramtool (link)
>     OPTION     option_table.h
>     CC         bootblock/mainboard/intel/i946gz/static.o
>     CC         bootblock/arch/x86/boot.o
>     GEN        generated/bootblock.ld
>     CP         bootblock/arch/x86/bootblock.ld
>     HOSTCC     util/romcc/romcc (this may take a while)
>     ROMCC      generated/bootblock.inc
>     CC         bootblock/arch/x86/bootblock_romcc.o
>     CC         bootblock/arch/x86/cpu_common.o
>     GEN        build.h
>     CC         bootblock/arch/x86/id.o
>     CC         bootblock/arch/x86/memcpy.o
>     CC         bootblock/arch/x86/memset.o
>     CC         bootblock/arch/x86/mmap_boot.o
>     CC         bootblock/arch/x86/timestamp.o
>     CC         bootblock/arch/x86/walkcbfs.o
>     CC         bootblock/commonlib/cbfs.o
>     CC         bootblock/commonlib/lz4_wrapper.o
>     CC         bootblock/commonlib/mem_pool.o
>     CC         bootblock/commonlib/region.o
>     CC         bootblock/console/die.o
>     CC         bootblock/console/post.o
>     CC         bootblock/cpu/x86/lapic/boot_cpu.o
>     CC         bootblock/cpu/x86/mtrr/earlymtrr.o
>     CC         bootblock/device/device_simple.o
>     CC         bootblock/device/i2c.o
>     CC         bootblock/drivers/uart/uart8250io.o
>     CC         bootblock/drivers/uart/util.o
>     CC         bootblock/lib/boot_device.o
>     CC         bootblock/lib/bootmode.o
>     HOSTCC     cbfstool/fmaptool.o
>     HOSTCC     cbfstool/cbfs_sections.o
>     HOSTCC     cbfstool/fmap_from_fmd.o
>     HOSTCC     cbfstool/fmd.o
>     HOSTCC     cbfstool/fmd_parser.o
>     HOSTCC     cbfstool/fmd_scanner.o
>     HOSTCC     cbfstool/fmap.o
>     HOSTCC     cbfstool/kv_pair.o
>     HOSTCC     cbfstool/valstr.o
>     HOSTCC     cbfstool/fmaptool (link)
>     FMAP       build/util/cbfstool/fmaptool -h build/fmap_config.h
> build/fmap.fmd build/fmap.fmap
> SUCCESS: Wrote 182 bytes to file 'build/fmap.fmap' (and generated header)
> The sections containing CBFSes are: COREBOOT
> [...]

Did you by any chance select CACHE_RELOCATED_RAMSTAGE_OUTSIDE_CBMEM in
your config? It doesn't make any sense for the i945 code and I wonder
why this is a user visible option (some people here just keep adding
options that only make sense for their platforms and confuse people).

When you do the configuration (e.g. with `make menuconfig`) only select
the correct mainboard (and maybe payload options) and keep everything
else to the default. There are many fancy options where non-default
values don't make any sense at all.

Nico