[coreboot] Official builds for EoL Chromebooks

Emilian Bold emilian.bold at gmail.com
Thu Oct 13 17:14:55 CEST 2016

I think EoL Chromebooks are a good opportunity for Coreboot to present
itself to end users.

Right now Chromebooks use Coreboot but nobody knows that.

But once a Chromebook reaches EoL people will either throw it away or use
it with the insecure and outdated browser version they have until it breaks.

People would appreciate that it's possible to keep the device and use a
modern Linux with up-to-date browser by only installing a dedicated
Coreboot ROM.

A per-device wiki page would be great! Something to show how to install it,
etc.

A ROM sha-256 (and a link) is also essential to know what to grab (or if
your build was good).

I'm actually the one that started the reproducible builds thread last time
precisely because I could not get the same ROM image as the ones posted
online and I was wondering what I did wrong and if I would brick my laptop
or not.

--emi