[coreboot] Skylake S3 resume failure (without relocatable ramstage)

Trammell Hudson hudson at trmm.net
Mon Oct 10 21:10:21 CEST 2016

On Mon, Oct 10, 2016 at 09:40:49AM -0600, Trammell Hudson wrote:
> [...]
> I filed an issue on the tracker related to the ramstage problem
> and am trying to debug it with Aaron:
>
> https://ticket.coreboot.org/issues/78

And it appears to be a bug of my own creation...

Earlier I ran into a problem that the SMM region was not zerored,
leading to incorrect measurements when the startup code extended
one of the PCRs with its hash.  So I added code to rmodule_copy_payload()
that would zero everything outside the bounds of the payload_size.

This fixed the SMM bug, but for a relocatable ramstage would also zero
its .reloc section.

So, I need close coreboot issue #78 and re-examine my logic this patch:

https://github.com/osresearch/coreboot/commit/f8d2344e172c0f201df791cb1513b56325286578

--
Trammell