[coreboot] How to pass custom defined data from Coreboot to GRUB2

Paul Menzel paulepanter at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Oct 3 15:40:57 CEST 2016

Dear Mohan,

Am Montag, den 03.10.2016, 11:06 +0000 schrieb Mohan Shanmuga Sundaram:
> I have a requirement to pass the state value of a GPIO (on Intel ATOM
> Baytrail SoC) from Coreboot to GRUB2. Based on this GPIO state, I
> would script the GRUB2 to configuration to select an alternative OS
> from the GRUB menu list. Is there a facility to pass this custom
> defined data from Coreboot to GRUB2?

I suggest to use CBTABLES for that. GRUB also can read that.

Thanks,

Paul

[1] grub-core/kern/i386/coreboot/cbtable.c

PS: Please note, that coreboot is written all lowercase.
PPS: Please don’t add the disclaimer to the end of your messages.
PPPS: Please just send plain text messages, and no HTML ones.