[coreboot] Adapting Linux kernel documentation setup with Sphinx and reStructuredText

Paul Menzel paulepanter at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Oct 3 09:56:30 CEST 2016

Dear coreboot folks,

The Linux kernel switched to Sphinx and reStructuredText [1] for its
documentation [2][3][4].

Would it make sense to also use that for coreboot? I would see the
following benefits.

1. It’s easier to import code like drivers from the Linux kernel to
coreboot.
2. Developers familiar with the Linux kernel have it easier to work on
coreboot.
3. The coreboot project could import all improvements the Linux kernel
documenation gets.

Thanks,

Paul

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ReStructuredText
[2] https://static.lwn.net/kerneldoc/index.html
[3] https://lwn.net/Articles/692704/
    "Kernel documentation with Sphinx, part 1: how we got here"
[4] https://lwn.net/Articles/692705/
    "Kernel documentation with Sphinx, part 2: how it works