[coreboot] [RFC] Explicitly use C89 (was: Setting C99 by default)

Stefan Tauner stefan.tauner at alumni.tuwien.ac.at
Tue Nov 29 22:40:16 CET 2016

On Tue, 29 Nov 2016 09:09:48 +0100
Gerd Hoffmann <kraxel at redhat.com> wrote:

> On Di, 2016-11-29 at 00:41 +0100, Stefan Tauner wrote:
> > Paul can you please - without looking it up - name two new features of
> > C99 compared to C89?
>
> Named initializers.
> That alone is reason enough to prefer c99 over c89 IMHO.

You are not Paul. I was asking him specifically because I don't think
that he could name them but still tries to argue about such things
although he is not proficient enough to evaluate the implications of
such decisions (and I can't stand that at all). Even with good
intentions this is a dangerous approach on improving code quality and
needs to be countered.