[coreboot] [RFC] Explicitly use C89 (was: Setting C99 by default)

Paul Menzel paulepanter at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Nov 28 22:20:36 CET 2016

Dear Ron,

Am Sonntag, den 27.11.2016, 22:44 +0000 schrieb ron minnich:
> Seems reasonable, but on Harvey recently we went with c11. Any reason not
> to do that instead?

I am sorry, my statement about Linux was incorrect. Linux is explicitly
built with C89 [1][2][3].

```
HOSTCFLAGS   = -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes -Wstrict-prototypes -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -std=gnu89
```

So I’d say, coreboot also stays with C89 to be compatible with Linux.

Thanks,

Paul

[1] https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=MTg0MTQ
[2] http://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/commit/?id=51b97e354ba9fce1890cf38ecc754aa49677fc89