[coreboot] Rettungsboot

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Mon Nov 28 21:40:13 CET 2016

David Hendricks via coreboot wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 27, 2016 at 8:28 PM, ron minnich <rminnich at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I like the idea of JSON file
>
> Now we're talkin' - A standardized data format that is human
> readable/writeable that can be easily parsed and generated using
> small libraries.

I agree with the concept as described by David, but strongly disagree
with choosing JSON. I think we can and should do better than that.

Firmware design decisions centered around Golang are about as good as
firmware design decisions centered around Forth.

Let's not create another public interface in a rush, as we have with
NVRAM. Let's take the time to actually design something really well.

> given that CMOS might not exist on a particular platform
> (especially in the non-x86 world)

Maybe no NVRAM, but surely there will be persistent storage on board?

//Peter