[coreboot] Execute Linux on AMD DB-FT3b-LC through GRUB2

Grigore Lupescu grigore at arista.com
Mon Nov 28 19:59:10 CET 2016

Hello Zoran,

[1-3] I am using the latest Ubuntu 16.04 LTS x64 desktop, 4.4 kernel.
[4] I don't know exactly if it's x64 or x86. I have no control over AMI
BIOS since it's just a binary I flash into the SPI ROM, which supports the
board.
[5] I boot Linux using legacy mode (in AMI, the Linux was installed for
legacy boot on the HDD/SSD which connects via USB - USBtoSATA)
[6] I'm not sure. So I have the following checked:
- Run VGA Option ROMs, Native Mode
- Add a VGA BIOS image -> 3rdparty/blobs.../VBIOS.bin
- Set framebuffer resolution (any, without this + above, I have no HDMI
output)
[7] It's the same one referenced from Coreboot in the external payloads -
GRUB 2.02 beta3.

>From your view where would the overflow / boot problems come from ?

Thank you,
Grigore