[coreboot] Rettungsboot

Charlotte Plusplus pluspluscharlotte at gmail.com
Mon Nov 28 02:55:24 CET 2016

I don't know about you, but once I have a minimal working kernel or a
coreboot fallback, I never really update them. So having no way to recover
them without hardware intervention is fine. The kernel I may recompile,
patch, etc would be somewhere else.

The job of this minimal kernel and initrd would just be to kexec the other
kernel, and let you recover coreboot if needed.

Having both of them write protected is just fine, if the cmdline used for
the kexec is be read from another part of the spi for when you have to add
some kernel parameters