[coreboot] 16GB dimm on Sandy/Ivy Bridge status

Patrick Rudolph siro at das-labor.org
Tue May 31 07:07:46 CEST 2016

Hi Iru,
>From T420 manual [1]:
"Memory: Up to 8GB DDR3 - 1333MHz (2 DIMM Slots)"

While it seems possible to use 16GB (2x 8GB), it isn't possible to use
16GB DIMMs.
I haven't tested by myself, but it seems like a hardware limitation.
Please provide raminit logs, just to make sure.

Regards,
Patrick

[1]
http://www.lenovo.com/shop/americas/content/pdf/notebooks/ThinkPad/t-series/ThinkPad%20T420-T520.pdf