[coreboot] SeaBIOS with native graphics initialization?

Piotr Kubaj pkubaj at anongoth.pl
Fri May 27 16:20:19 CEST 2016

Hi all,

I'm currently running Libreboot 20150518 on ThinkPad X200, but I'd like
to switch to Coreboot (the newest stable version, 4.4). The reason is
that Libreboot seems to provide only one configuration and its build
system seems difficult to understand in comparison to Coreboot.

I'd like to use SeaBIOS (as opposed to Libreboot's GRUB) as payload - I
also would like to have coreinfo, memtest and nvramcui so that it all
provides kind of BIOS-like menu.

Is that possible using native graphics initialization without vgabios?
There are some recent references that it's possible.

I'm asking because, although I have flashing equipment (I've flashed my
X200 myself), the flashing took a lot of time, because of too long
wires, interferences from PSU etc. I don't want to be forced to flash it
again, so I want to be absolutely sure before I switch.