[coreboot] Need a bigger CBFS size. What's a save value?

David Griffith dave at 661.org
Mon May 23 12:28:56 CEST 2016

I'm experimenting with a Thinkpad T60p, specifically getting something
working that includes PXE and secondary payloads.  Apparently the default
CBFS size of 0x40000 is too small because the build process complains it
can't add ipxe.rom and guesses that there's no room.  Just now I tried
specifying a size of 0x200000, thinking that would work because I have a
two megabyte SPI flash chip.  I went through the procedures on
https://www.coreboot.org/Board:lenovo/t60 and
https://www.coreboot.org/Board:lenovo/x60/Installation which led to a T60p
that shows a black screen and is non-responsive.  So, I guess that was a
wrong value.

So, what's a safe value for the CBFS size that will allow me to add PXE
and some other secondary payloads?

--
David Griffith
dave at 661.org