[coreboot] permissions error building external payload

David Griffith dave at 661.org
Fri May 20 06:33:42 CEST 2016

On Thu, 19 May 2016, Martin Roth wrote:

> -coreboot mailing list
>
> Everyone with a coreboot gerrit account automatically has the rights
> to push, but you may need to configure some things.
>
> Log into the coreboot gerrit if you haven't already done it.
> Once logged in, you'll need to set a username first thing.
> Next, upload your ssh key or generate an html password.
>
> If you downloaded the original repo that you've been working in with
> anonymous http, at this point you'll want to set a new remote or
> origin with the new repo information if you're good with git, or just
> clone a new copy of the repo if you're not reasonably expert in git.
>

> Make sure you run 'make gitconfig' to set up the hooks.  You need the
> commit-msg hook at the very least to generate the change-id line in
> the commit message.
>
> Here's the page about git & gerrit on our wiki.  https://www.coreboot.org/Git
>

> If it's git that's telling you you need push rights, you're trying to
> push directly into git, not into gerrit.  running 'make gitconfig'
> should take care of this as well.  Make sure you amend your commit to
> get the change-id into the commit message if that's the case.
>
> For the future though, this is the command to push into gerrit:
> git push origin HEAD:refs/for/master

Ah, I see.  I didn't do "make gitconfig".  So, I pulled down a fresh copy
of the repo, did "make gitconfig", applied my changes, then typed "git
commit -a".  I got this:

===begin quote===
lint-stable-013-site-local
Verify that site-local is not in the coreboot repository
========
success
========
WARNING: please write a paragraph that describes the config symbol fully
#33: FILE: payloads/external/OpenBIOS/Kconfig:7:
+config OPENBIOS_STABLE

WARNING: please write a paragraph that describes the config symbol fully
#38: FILE: payloads/external/OpenBIOS/Kconfig:12:
+config OPENBIOS_MASTER

total: 0 errors, 2 warnings, 117 lines checked
===end quote===

Where should these paragraphs go?  Basically I just copied and adapted
what I found in payloads/external/SeaBIOS.

--
David Griffith
dave at 661.org