[coreboot] How to protect binary in flash chip? OTP?

David Hendricks david.hendricks at gmail.com
Fri May 6 09:44:24 CEST 2016

On Thu, May 5, 2016 at 8:39 PM, Zheng Bao <fishbaoz at hotmail.com> wrote:

> I don't protect my source. I gave the source to customers. I just want to
> protect binary.
> Customer doesnt know how to build.
>
> In a business, customer dont tell the correct production amount as what is
> wrote in the contract.

I think Patrick is correct when he mentioned that the only way to get the
information is with remote attestation. But that can become complicated and
if the customer is determined they may break the scheme.

Can you describe the business model in more detail? It appears that you
have a royalty-based agreement with the customer, but the customer is being
dishonest. Maybe others have a better idea of what kind of business
arrangements can work better in the future - Upfront payment for porting,
time-based support contract, etc.