[coreboot] HEADS UP GSoC: students need to publish their proposals in the next ~30 hours

Patrick Georgi pgeorgi at google.com
Thu Mar 24 12:21:42 CET 2016

Hi all,

if you're considering to apply for a project at this year's GSoC:
Proposals need to be pushed into the system
(summerofcode.withgoogle.com) within the next day or so ("ends 25
March, 2016 at 19:00 UTC" according to
https://developers.google.com/open-source/gsoc/faq#when_can_students_apply_for_gsoc).
Not a draft, not a Google doc somewhere, but a real published "PDF
proposal" (as they call it on my dashboard).

Based on previous experience, the GSoC team is quite adamant in
enforcing the deadlines with no exceptions (unless they screw up
somehow; I wouldn't count on that), so make sure your proposal is in
good standing in time. Don't wait for the last minute either, their
system may be a bit crowded then.

If things go wrong for you at this point, there's nothing we (coreboot
GSoC project admins and mentors) can do about it.

Regards,
Patrick
--
Google Germany GmbH, ABC-Str. 19, 20354 Hamburg
Registergericht und -nummer: Hamburg, HRB 86891, Sitz der Gesellschaft: Hamburg