[coreboot] Porting coreboot to the Asus P5G41T-M LX motherboard

Renze Nicolai renze at rnplus.nl
Fri Mar 18 23:45:52 CET 2016

Hello everyone,

I am trying to port coreboot to the Asus P5G41T-M LX motherboard but I
got stuck.

This motherboard has:
 - Northbridge: Intel G41
 - Southbridge: ICH7
 - Super IO: w83627dhg

I used the Gigabye GA-G41M-ES2L code as base since I think it has the
same north- and southbridge. That motherboard has a different Super IO
chip though.

I tried to make the devicetree.cb file valid and I replaced the superio
code in romstage.c with code for the superIO chip on my board. I also
tried to set the correct values in the init code for the superio chip
(irq routing etc).

In romstage.c I added some post codes. The motherboard gets to postcode
0xA6 and then stops.

Serial output is not working (cable / connection has been tested from
within Linux). Terminal is connected at 115200 baud. No data is
received.

What I have so far:
https://github.com/rnplus/test-coreboot-for-asus-p5g41t-m-lx

Logs / info about the board (generated by autoport):
https://github.com/rnplus/test-coreboot-for-asus-p5g41t-m-lx/tree/maste
r/autoport_logs

It would be nice if someone could point me in the right direction as to
what to do next.

Thank you!

Greetings,
Renze Nicolai