[coreboot] Logs storage? Was: Target candidate: Dell Latitude E4300

Martin Roth gaumless at gmail.com
Thu Mar 17 22:27:56 CET 2016

I think that having OEM BIOS logs from supported boards does make a lot of
sense, but when I talked to Stefan about it before, he didn't want to add
unsupported boards.  His thinking was that we didn't want to be the world's
largest lspci database, which seems reasonable to me.  I'd even support
submitting them at the same time as the first commit for a mainboard went
into gerrit, but I don't think a board should be submitted when there's
absolutely nothing in coreboot yet.

I've already put some various logs into the board status tree.  I can post
the script that I use to generate these.  It already looks for coreboot vs
non-coreboot BIOS to determine which tests to run.
https://review.coreboot.org/gitweb/cgit/board-status.git/tree/gigabyte/ga-b75m-d3h/4.2-619-gd890b45/2015-12-26T19_53_49Z/tests

are you thinking of putting them someplace like an oem_bios_logs directory
under the mainboard?
.../tree/gigabyte/ga-b75m-d3h/oem_bios_logs/2015-12-26T19_53_49Z

Martin