[coreboot] The GbE is not activated on my Board.

김유석 poplinux0 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 29 09:14:16 CEST 2016

Dear Sir.

This issue was resolved.

Cause is *"size of coreboot.bin"*

My work history is see below.

1. Replace the flash memory on my EVB
   My SG-2440 is have a 8MByte flash memory, But I'll use the 16MByte flash.
   So, I was replace the flash memory 8MByte to 16MByte.

   original flash : WINBOND W25Q64 (8MByte)
   new flash    : WINBOND W25Q128(16MByte)

2. Change value of "ROM chip size" 8 MB to 16 MB

3. run make
   I was successfully build the coreboot.
   and got a "coreboot.bin". It is 16MByte size.

*But this image is boot fail on my EVB* =>*I don't understand*

4. revert "ROM chip size"
   I was revert value of  "ROM chip size" to 8MByte.
   And write to start address 0x800000 on 16MByte flash memory.

   => *booting is success*, *But GbE is not running.*

5. replace the flash memory chip 16MByte to 8MByte.
   I'm try to replace the flash memoy 16MByte to 8MByte.
   And write to start address 0x00 on 8MByte flash memory.

   => *booting is success*, *GbE is running.*

*Anyway*, I was success "enable the GbE".

But I don't understand this sistuation.

Have a any idea?

Thank you.

2016-06-25 오후 11:46에 Guckian, David 이(가) 쓴 글: