[coreboot] F2A-85M: Different VGA BIOS needed after CPU Upgrade?

Daniel Kulesz daniel.ina1 at googlemail.com
Tue Jun 28 10:24:52 CEST 2016

Hi folks,

I upgraded the CPU in my F2A-85M from a A4-5300 (Trinity) to a A10-6700 (Richland). The board had Coreboot installed before with the VGA BIOS extracted from the A4-5300. However, I did not get any video output when trying to boot after the upgrade, so I replaced the flash chip with a backup with the vendor BIOS that works.

Is it likely that the A10-6700 needs a different VGA BIOS or does this this rather look like a different issue? I don't want to experiment too much because the BIOS chips are hardware-wise pretty fragile (even when using the extractor tool).

Cheers, Daniel