[coreboot] How to change config of SDRAM of intel mohonpeak EVB on coreboot?

김유석 poplinux0 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 1 08:53:51 CEST 2016

Dear Sir.

My own product must need a change the value(config) of sdram. Such as
size, speed, and etc.

So, I'm try to search and study the coreboot source code, and found out
the "vendorcode/intel/fsp1_0/rangeley/include/fspplatform.h"

This header are contained the some structure for setup the sdram. such
as "MEM_DOWN_DIMM_SPD_DATA;"

>  50 typedef struct {
>  51   UINT8  DRAMDeviceType;                 // 2   DRAM Device Type
>  52   UINT8  ModuleType;                     // 3   Module Type
>  53   UINT8  SDRAMDensityAndBanks;           // 4   SDRAM Density and
> Banks
>  54   UINT8  SDRAMAddressing;                // 5   SDRAM Addressing
>  55   UINT8  VDD;                            // 6   Module Nominal Voltage
>  56   UINT8  ModuleOrganization;             // 7   Module Organization
>  57   UINT8  ModuleMemoryBusWidth;
>  94   UINT8 DramManufacturerIdLsb;          // 148 DRAM Manufacturer
> ID Code, LSB
>  95   UINT8  DramManufacturerIdMsb;          // 149 DRAM Manufacturer
> ID Code, MSB
>  96 } MEM_DOWN_DIMM_SPD_DATA;

So, I'm try to found **.c* source codes for check configuration point.

But, coreboot are not setup the argument of sdram.

I don't understand this sisution, Because sdram is must need a some
configuration for use.

*Why? do not setup the argument of sd**ram ???

***
Please advise to me.

Thank you.