[coreboot] Add support for Beagle Bone Black (was: coreboot on the open source Berkeley RISC V processor - available ?)

punit vara punitvara at gmail.com
Sun Jul 31 14:48:34 CEST 2016

 For this month I will be bit slow due to GSOC work. Once I will
finish it coreboot on BBB will be my first priority :)

On Sun, Jul 31, 2016 at 5:57 PM, Paul Menzel
<paulepanter at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:
> Dear Punit,
>

> Am Sonntag, den 31.07.2016, 13:31 +0530 schrieb Punit Vara:
>> > On Sun, Jul 31, 2016 at 1:18 PM, punit vara wrote:
> To my knowledge, the current support for the BeagleBone is only
> minimal, meaning you can receive a message over the serial console and
> not more. So all the fun, that means difficult, stuff is still not
> implemented.

Wow that's the good new for me. I love to solve difficult stuff
because it teachs a lot :)

> The upside is, that you can look at U-Boot or Barebox and other free
> boot loader/firmware, to see what registers need to be set and so on.

Thanks for suggestion  I will start reading and keep community posted
about my progress on this.

> So, I am looking forward to your work. Please ask any questions you
> have.

In root directory I tried
$make menuconfig

I setup Mainboard vendor  (TI)
Main Board Model (Beagle bone)

Third one is ROM size

In BBB EEPROM is 32 KB which contains Board info. That size not
available in menu. I am not sure where should I flash this coreboot ?

There are three memory in BBB

1. 512MB DDR3L RAM
2. 32 KB EEPROM
3. 4GB EMMC