[coreboot] coreboot on the open source Berkeley RISC V processor - available ?

Paul Menzel paulepanter at users.sourceforge.net
Sat Jul 30 21:02:24 CEST 2016

Dear Punit,

Am Samstag, den 30.07.2016, 15:35 +0530 schrieb punit vara:

> I am new to coreboot

Welcome to coreboot.

> and would like to contribute to "coreboot on the open source Berkeley
> RISC V processor". Is it available to work ? I am current GSOC
> student under RTEMS org developing BSP for beagle bone black for
> RTEMS RTOS. If I can work on this project Please what are
> the things I need to set up to work on?

Sure. As coreboot is free software you of course can work on it. There
are already people working on it. Mainly Jonathan Neuschäfer as you can
see from the blog posts about his GSoC progress [1] and his change sets
[2] (`git log --author=Neusch`).

So I suggest, to get familiar with that work, build the current state
and get it running with QEMU. Then just dive in the things you are
interested in.

Thanks,

Paul

[1] https://blogs.coreboot.org/blog/author/jneuschaefer/