[coreboot] re-enabling boot for ChromeOS

Matt DeVillier matt.devillier at gmail.com
Thu Jul 28 18:16:49 CEST 2016

On Thu, Jul 28, 2016 at 7:36 AM, Matthias Apitz <guru at unixarea.de> wrote:

> El día Wednesday, July 20, 2016 a las 11:00:28PM -0500, Matt DeVillier
> escribió:
>
> My C720 normally boots via SeaBIOS a FreeBSD operating system and there
> are no such tools gbb_utility and flashrom. Is there any image which could
> be copied with dd(1) onto an USB stick to boot from and have such
> utilities?

you can either:
1) use my Firmware Utility Script as noted before (website w/full
instructions is now up), which will download flashrom, cbfstool,
gbb_utility as needed, or
2) boot ChromiumOS, one of Arnold the Bat's builds would work fine

> Another question related to this: One of my C720 (I have two) from one
> day to another does not do any beep with the pc-speaker, all other sound
> is working fine. I asked in the FreeBSD mailing lists and one of the
> hints was to check the BIOS configuration. I do not see any screens for
> this in
> SeaBIOS, only one to select the boot device number if there are two
> devices visible, the SSD and another USB device. Is there something I
> could check or modify in the SeaBIOS?

coreboot/SeaBIOS do not have any user-accessible settings like a
traditional PC BIOS/UEFI setup.  Furthermore, since you're running the same
(stock?) firmware, any settings related to the onboard sound would be
identical.  I suspect the difference is either hardware or OS related