[coreboot] kexec of Xen hypervisor from a Linux payload

Trammell Hudson hudson at trmm.net
Tue Jul 26 20:09:18 CEST 2016

On Tue, Jul 26, 2016 at 09:37:20AM -0600, Trammell Hudson wrote:
> [...]
> Unfortunately 3.1.3 is ancient; I'm going to build the more modern
> Xen 4.6.x to see if I can repeat these fixes to boot into Qubes.

This required a few more hacks, but it works now.  The problem is not
with Coreboot, but with Xen assuming that there is a BIOS it can call
to setup the video display and also assuming that there is an EBDA
that contains pointers to various structures.

My 4.6.3 Xen tree is hacked up right now with stuff copied from old
versions of the tree, so I'll clean it up and see if they are interested
in accepting patches.

--
Trammell