[coreboot] kexec of Xen hypervisor from a Linux payload

Zoran Stojsavljevic zoran.stojsavljevic at gmail.com
Mon Jul 25 14:42:11 CEST 2016

Hello Trammell,

Reading what you are trying. Have no idea what Qubes OS is... I apologize
for my ignorance, but I am (fortunately) willing to learn. New OSes, new
tricks, and this old dog (me) is still willing to learn new tricks (in
other words, also learning experience for me)?! ;-)

So, since you are coming to dracut after all, I am suspecting that
something with your initramfs is not quite right... It often happens to me
with Linux distros I am using for HW/SoC testing (95% Fedora distro).

In order to determine what is really wrong with your setup, I asked my best
friend for dozens of years: www.google.com, searching for pattern ->
*initramfs*-4.1.13-9.pvops.qubes.x86_64.img
<https://www.google.de/search?espv=2&biw=1348&bih=614&q=initramfs-4.1.13-9.pvops.qubes.x86_64.img&spell=1&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjejvTtzY7OAhXI1SwKHd8TCekQvwUIGSgA>

The following appeared:
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/qubes-users/DYw6f2LpDA8/z4fDsy9CBwAJ

*And this cot my eye (from Marek Marczykowski-Górecki):*

*Probably some module required for your baremetal fedora is missing
in initramfs. First of all, remove "quiet" option to receive more
details. If that's about missing module, you can regenerate initramfs: 0.
Make sure you've copied modules from
Qubes (/lib/modules/4.1.13-9.pvops.qubes.x86_64) 1. Call "dracut -f
/initramfs-4.1.13-9.pvops.qubes.x86_64.img 4.1.13-9.pvops.qubes.x86_64 *

Could help (you might search other options with the provided search
pattern) ... :-)

Please, let us know.

Zoran