[coreboot] w83627 uart port is not workable with coreboot in linux

Nico Huber nico.huber at secunet.com
Fri Jul 22 13:54:39 CEST 2016

Hi Cheng,

On 22.07.2016 12:14, cheng yichen wrote:
> Hi all
>
> My platform is braswell SOC with W83627dhg superIO. In post stage I can get
> debug message over w83627 uart1(3f8/irq4). but after boot to linux, uart
> port is not woarkable. I test the function by minicom but I can't receive
> and send data. I can get uart information by dmesg command.
> How to initial it in corebooot?
You generally have to configure two things
  1st the IO resources through the device tree
      (like src/mainboard/kontron/ktqm77/devicetree.cb lines 78..81)
  2nd on an Intel chipset route these resources to LPC
      (you obviously already done that, as you see debug messages, but
       make sure no later stage in coreboot overwrites it)

Hope that helps,
Nico