[coreboot] [RFC] Proposal for policy for changing the development guidelines

Stefan Reinauer stefan.reinauer at coreboot.org
Sun Jan 31 23:24:20 CET 2016

* Alex G. <mr.nuke.me at gmail.com> [160131 00:05]:
> I conclude from these, that your assertion that this has been an
> unspoken rule, is not true. Furthermore, I believe that this arbitrary
> change was done as an act of spite towards a set of engineers. Also,
> since you, and the rest of the coreboot leadership have shown a pattern
> of first discussing changes to the project publicly, on the mailing
> list, I conclude that a discussion about this issue was deliberately
> avoided in order to prevent those engineers, as well as other coreboot
> community members, from presenting their arguments.

That is a really surprising statement coming from you, Alex, as you and I
have discussed this very topic in person several times, and I have
explained to you why I initially checked in Scott's patches with mixed
syntax and we both had agreed that in the long run the code has to be
rewritted in AT&T syntax. So now you are using the fact that there is no
log on the mailing list about this discussion to hurt the project and
create some sort of artificial divide in the community once again.

I am really disappointed in you.

  Stefan